Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Run Decision

I don't know if I am going to do the race tonight.

On one hand I feel I have this urgent need to run really fast.

On the other, I had a restless night and have been feeling irritable -- signs of overtraining or overexertion (i.e. triathlon, following workouts without more recovery rest). My legs also felt really tired yesterday.

And then to race I pay $20 and get to run a course I can run for free. So I get an official time. Who really cares? And by running too fast I have to rest more days afterward.

But I get the glory of crossing the finish line, and maybe even a new personal record. Plus I like t-shirts and the $20 does go to a good cause. The race is only a couple miles from my house and I am due for a run workout.

This morning I feel like an easy swim would make me feel better. Plus I haven't been to the gym for awhile.

I probably will make the decision last minute depending on how I feel.

***

Sleep: 8 hours (restless)
Weight: 220.4

Breakfast: Banana, Oatmeal, peanut butter on rye crisp, diet Coke
Snack: Toasted Buttered Everything Bagel, OJ
Snack: Yogurt with Mixed Nuts, Diet Coke
Lunch: Hot Dog, Gatorade
Snack: Power Gel, Bag of spring mix salad
Postrace: banana, cookie, gatorade
Dinner: Hibatchi Scallops entre with rice and noodles and vegetables, soup, scoop of cocunut ice cream, lots of water
Later: 2 - 7 oz beers