Thursday, June 21, 2007

Rest Day

Taking today as a rest day out of worries the triathlon and then a 5K with a 180 heart rate may be too much for this old boy.

I felt a little bit of knee pain today going down the stairs, which goes away if I walk pideon-toed with my left foot. I probably won't run again until Saturday when I plan to do a bike/run before work.

Yesterday at the race I ran into two people I knew. One a paramedic who works for a difference service now. He does triathlons too. He is 30 and much fitter than I am. He said he did his first year of triathlons with a mountain bike and now has a triathlon bike and says it is a huge difference. The other person was the older woman from my Domminican trip who first got me interested in triathlons. She is 62. She says she always finished last or near the end, but before you think wow that's pathetic, she has done the Hawaii Ironman twice and has run marathons. She may not be fast, but she keeps going. I'm really anxious to spend some time with her and hear her stories. She said she is going to do some of the Terramuggus triathlons this year.

Just sitting on the couch today rooting against Roger Clemens and the Yankees. I did play some baseball in the hot sun with the children on the park field nearbye and got winded chasing after them.

I may hit the hot tub later.

Tomorrow I may swim.

***

Sleep: 7 Hours (poor)
Weight: 222.4

Breakfast: Cliff Bar, Diet Coke
Snack: Bagel, small danish, water
Lunch: Leftover Japanese Hibatchi food, diet coke
Snack: hot dog, diet Coke
Snack: Cheese, yogurt, nuts, Gatorade
Dinner: Spagetti, green peas, water
Snack: Blueberries