Thursday, June 14, 2007

Race Day

Tired this morning. Grey, overcast day. I went out to Sports Authority and bought a swimming cap, a spare set of goggles, some antifog spray, and two power gels.

My goat tonight is to just take it as a workout. Swim 1/4 mile and then hey, get on my bike and do 12 miles, and then run a 5K. No big deal.

But I do admit anxiety about coming in last after dark, after they have closed down the race. Its my bike speed that worries me.

My times should be: swim 8-10 minutes, bike 50-60 minutes, run 30-35 minutes with some transition time thrown in. Total time, I'm guessing 1 hour 45, 1 hour 50 minutes, which puts me in last place based on last year's times.

***

Weight: 220
Sleep: 7 Hours

Breakfast: Banana, Yogurt and Nuts, Diet Coke
Snack: Sausage McGriddle, Diet Coke
Snack: Small BK Hamburger, small fries
Lunch: Leftover Chicken and rice

Postrace meal: Three slices of pepperoni and artichoke pizza, 6 - 7 ounce coronas