Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Bike

Drove to work, then got on my bike and did a 10 mile ride in 48 minutes.

Here's my route: Blue Tunxis Filley

My speed was about the same as in the race, except this was a much flatter course and I only coasted once and that was just because there was a stop sign at the bottom of the downhill.

I wasn't trying to race, but I wasn't taking it leisurely either.

I do think there is a bit of a bike conditioning issue. I would surely go faster with a better bike, but I will also increase my speed as I become a more conditioned rider.

When I finished I walked the industrial park loop, and did just a brief maybe 50 yard run for brick practice. Since I am planning to do a 5K tomorrow night I don't want to mess with my legs too much.

It was good for me to be out on the road, dealing with traffic and having to get in the left hand lane to make my turns, etc.

Slowly, I will get better.

Maybe next week I will ride to work.

***

My knees have felt very tired today.

***
Sleep: 6.5 hours
Weight 223

PreRun: Banana
Post Run: Wheat crackers and almond butter, Diet Coke
Lunch: Beef stew, corn, diet coke
Snack: Beef Patty, Ting, Banana
Snack: McFlurry with M&Ms
Dinner: Jerk Pork, rice and peas, water