Sunday, June 03, 2007

12 Mile Bike/ 1.5 mile walk

Rode 12 miles in just a minute or two over an hour, and then walked a mile and a half. I tell you, my legs were tight when I was done riding. I fully expect to walk a half mile after the bike before I will be able to start running.

The more I ride the more I realize I will be lucky to not come in last due to my bike speed. 225 pounds on a slow bike.

I rode as soon as I got to work, which was great -- cool, no traffic

I'm trying to figure out my training schedule up to the triathlon on the 14th. I think I will do a mock duathlon on Thursday of this week, and then taper down. I'd like to do a couple 3 mile runs, too. But above all, I will need to be rested.

***

Breakfast: Banana, Diet Coke

Post Bike Meal: Diet Coke, peanut better and crackers, yogurt and nuts

Midmorning snack: chicken with green salsa burrito

Lunch: Pulled Pork, corn, collards, cornbread, side of fried okra, diet coke

Dinner: Turkey Hamburger on Wheat Bun, boiled okra, gatorade