Saturday, May 19, 2007

USA Triathlon Member/ 5 Mile Bike

Working 16 hours again on a cold rainy day. I joined the USA Triathlon organization for $39, printed out my temporary member card, and then went out and did 5 easy miles on the bike just to say I did something. I do admit my legs are feeling tight and tired. It is hard to guess the right combination of exercise and recovery. I desperately want to keep my running up and expanding, but am concerned I'm straining myself. I need to do another endurance run, but will probably wait until Wednesday.

I think more sleep and better diet would help also. Today I am just ravenously hungry. At the hospital earlier I bought cookies and chips (I was there at the unfortunate off time of 10:45 when lunch isn't available yet and breakfast is done). I did eat the following earlier -- yogurt and nuts, organic peanut butter and wheat crackers, banana pancakes and two strips of bacon. For lunch I had some chicken stew and a small bag of Doritos. I'm still starved. I need fruit and vegetables, but have none here. I do need to start listing my diet everyday as well as my hours of sleep and morning weight. My weight fluctuates between 221 and 225.