Thursday, May 31, 2007

May Assessment/June Goals

Report

May started off strong, but wore me down and I finished rather lamely.

Highlights

1. I'm More comfortable on Bike

2. Ran 5K in under 30:00 minutes

3. Swam 1.25 miles with little effort

Lowlights

1. Questions about injury to left knee
2. Possibility of Overtraining
3. No real progress on gym or diet

Report Card

Here's How I did on my May goals

Running -- Run 6 miles at one time, run a 5K in under 30 minutes, add some hills. Run 3-4 times a week with one long run, stay injury-free.

Grade B - Ran well in the 5K, did a 5.25 mile run in a 7 mile run/walk, increased speed in training runs, possible injury/overtraining limited running.

Biking- Ride 3 times a week, with one long ride a week, do a twenty mile ride, ride to work at least one time, improve bike handling, gear-shifting skills.

Grade B - I am much more comfortable on bike. My goals were too ambitious.

Swimming - Swim 1.5 miles a week, do a 1.25 mile swim, work on technique

Grade B - Swam well when I swam.

Lifting - Develop program, Maintain Log, lift strong 2X a week.

Grade C- - Hardly lifted at all.

Diet - Keep log, eat healthy

Grade D - Weight is same, but no real effort to imporove what is an okay diet.

Assessment

Overall - I think I can complete a triathlon in the back of the pack provided I stay healthy.

Running - When I am running I am running faster withincreased endurance, but I worry about injury and late month tailoff.

Biking - I am more comfortable on bike.

Swimming - No problem here.

June Goals

Triathlon - Enter and Finish a Sprint Triathlon. Target Date is June 14.

Running - Do one distance run a week, increasing distance. Run one other time.

Walking - New Category -- Do one endurance walk a week. One light walk.

Biking - Continue to ride regularly, do one endurance bike a week.

Swimming - Do one endurance Swim a week.

Lifting - One easy lift a week. I can focus on this more in the fall and winter.

Diet - get Serious

Week should look like this: 1 endurance run, 1 endurance bke, 1 endurance swim, 1 light run, 1 long walk, 1 easy walk, 1 fast bike, 2 easy ride, 1 lift.

I can do two of the bikes and two of the walks at work, along with some light lifting.