Friday, May 18, 2007

Lift/1 Mile Run/Tri Suit

Rainy Day. I went to the gym and lifted and then ran 1 mile. I wanted today to be a long run day, but I haven't been to the gym in awhile and it was raining and I am a little worried that my occasional knee pain on descending stairs is a running injury and not a work related injury, so I want to briefly back off the running.

I later drove to the Triathlon Store in Glastonbury, which sponsored the Lake Terramugus Triathlon Series and bought a triathlon suit for $50. It's a swim, run, bike shorts lower half. They had a full one for $160 with lots more bike padding, but I thought I would start simple. Plus with my new bike seat i don't need as much padding.

I then went to Sports Authority and bought a yellow bike shirt and a new regular bathing suit.

I also made reservations for one night in Niantic in August at a motel 10 minutes from the race start and finish. I'm hoping my brother will be able to do the race with me. I guess it sellsout every year.

I have also signed up for a six week triathlon training group that starting at the end of June will meet every Wednesday and Thursday night and Saturday mornings to train for the Niantic Triathlon. The group will also do at least one of the Terramugus triathlons as well. I'm excited. It was only $95. I guess the group will do group swims, runs and bikes.

Next I need to get my Triathlon License.