Sunday, May 20, 2007

18 Miles Bike (6 X 3)

Rode 18 miles at work today in three workouts of six miles each. The first two I was interrupted by calls after six miles, the last I just did to round it out. I am definitely getting more comfortable on the bike. I stood on the pedals for a little bit today, hit 23 miles per hour on one straightaway before losing my nerve and coasting and also was able to successfully grab my water bottle and drink from it while I rode and then place it back without falling. Sunday is a great day to ride here as there is almost no traffic.

I am thinking that I will try to make Sunday my endurance ride day, and then try to do an endurance swim and run on Wednesday and Fridays. I will try to do light bike riding every day I can, and do two light runs and maybe one light swim.

I am also thinking I may not do the June 2nd 5K race as it will interfere with my main goal -- the triathlon training.