Sunday, May 27, 2007

1 Hour Bike/ 1.5 Mile Walk

Rode the bike at work this morning from 6:24 A.M to 7:24 A.M, went a little over 11 miles. Didn't ride hard. I did wear my new yellow bike jersey over my work t-shirt. My knee felt fine. I am going to have to ride faster in the race.

Looking at the results from the Niantic 12 mile bike ride last year the best time was 26.23 minutes for the bike. The worst was 57.32.

Just how much time will I lose with a hybrid with regular pedals versus a triathlon bike with clipless pedals? I don't want to win, but I don't want to be last.

Still I don't regret my bike decisions -- at least the hybrid is faster than the mountain bike.

I also can't forget I am still a new and very tentative rider with 6'8" 225 pounds of sitting straight up wind resistance. I will be happy just to finish.

My legs did feel very tight after the ride, but after walking awhile they got better. I read in one of my books last night that is is perfectly acceptable to start off the run portion with an extended fast walk to loosen the legs up.