Saturday, April 07, 2007

I'm Still Standing



Well, I made it. I don't have my official time or place finish yet, but I think I came in around 31:00, finishing toward the back of the pack, but definately not last. My only goal besides finishing was to finish ahead of the 10K runners on this down and back course and I managed that. I did pretty well -- I never had to stop or walk -- but I got killed on the hills or inclines as others might call them. My heart rate after a mile was 167. On the hill during the second mile my heart rate was 179. I finished around 174 for a heart rate. I never had to spit on the course, although I did cough quite a bit after I finished. It was 28 degrees when I arrived at the race, but it felt like it was 80 when I finished.

(More detail to follow later today when I write up the entire event).

Just wanted you to know I'm still upright.