Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Chips

Good news is I didn't have the beer last night, but the bad news is I just bought some potato chips. I was in the convinience store for about fifteen minutes, picking up the chips, putting them back down. Just when I thought my willpower was winning out, it would wane. I was so hungry and chips were what my body wanted -- even though I had a pork chop and brown rice and strawberries back at the base, I had to have the chips. I just couldn't hold out. I usually win battle of self-wills like that.

Its been busy at work. What I really should do as soon as I digest my pork chop and rice (yes, and chips) is go walk around the block a few times. Its a .7 mile circle. I feel really slugish. I love my job, but with the triathlon training I really wish I could not work at all, and just spend each day preparing, training, eating right, sleeping.

I really think I need more sleep. I'm only getting about six hours a night. I need eight. Gotta work on that.

The weather forecast is taking a turn for the worst. It looks like it is going to be very cold for the race Saturday. Maybe near freezing. I will have to bundle up well. I was hoping to run in t-shirt and shorts. It looks like sweats, several shirts, hoodie, wool hat and gloves.

Tomorrow I am off so maybe I can get in a good workout. I need to lift, do a run and maybe swim.

Hopefully I will report on a walk or some other light activity here at work besides carrying people up and down stairs.

***

Did a two lap walk. Passed on dinner. Ate strawberries. Decided I need to get serious about training, sleep and diet.