Sunday, April 29, 2007

10 Mile Bike/3 Mile Run

Just rode 15 laps around the industrial park for a 10 mile ride. I didn't time myself or do a heart rate (although my heart rate was 106 a minute or so after riding).

I'm tired. My butt hurts. My hands are a little numb.

My speeds averaged between 10 and 16 miles an hour, although I did get up to 20 at one point and did slip to 9 near the end.

I only saw two cars the whole time and they gave me wide bearth.

I just need to start racking up the miles.

Next time I ride this circuit I will try to time myself.

***

After work I went to the track and ran three miles. But here's what was interesting. I walked a lap, ran five, walked a lap, ran five, then ran two and walked two. Total of four miles, three miles running. My time for the first three miles, which included two walked laps was 31:50, which is a 10:36 pace, which is way faster than my typical 3 mile training pace. Plus my heart rate was lower -- never more than 150, and I wasn't tired in the least at the end. I plan to further this experiment in a long run later in the week.