Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Two Rest Days

Worked 16 hours yesterday, another twelve today and today was in the city so I was scrunched in the ambulance all day. I was planning to lift this morning and swim tonight, but family and child issues prevented me on both ends.

Which I guess is okay. I am somewhat nervous about my upcoming race. I want to be injury free, but also conditioned. Can I do both? I don't want to run and get hurt and miss the race. i don't want to not run and then be out of breath during the race.

My legs have been feeling a little dead in the knees. Today at work I was reading the Lore of Running, which is an amazing book. It has a big section on overtraining and it mentions one result is lots of respiratory infections. Everytime I have done a big workout this winter I have gotten sick, so I have to go easy.

I am off the next two days, so I want to get in at least one long slow run.

Hopefully tomorrow I will have a glowing report.