Thursday, March 22, 2007

Ran out of Time for Workout Rest Day

Ended up taking today as a day of rest. I was working a 1530-2330 shift so I figured I had plenty of time to get a workout in, but one errand led to another and by the time my errands were done, I had to go to work.

In the back of my mind I was also weighing taking a rest day because I felt irritable in a way that I tend to associate with overtraining.

With my race coming up I am trying to balance being ready (I'm really not as much as I'd like to be) against the possibility of being hurt. I want to be able to write about a good workout everyday, but I have to realize I am 48 not 18 so my body needs longer rest.

One of my errands was to buy a new pair of work boots because my soles were coming off. I went to a cobler first, but I would have had to have left my boots. I went to a number of stores and then in the end, ended up shelling out huge bucks for some awesome boots. I figured I am going be wearing these babies 60 hours a week for at least the next four years(the average length work boots last me) I want to be comfortable. $269 counting tax. But they are comfortable, sturdy, excellent support. Like with running shows, you have to take care of your feet (and in my job) ankles.

Fort Lewis Boots