Friday, March 30, 2007

5K Walk

Walked around the reservoir. It's about 3.5 miles. Very beautiful walk with an uphill climb and then descent at the end. They have an official 5K course mapped out there.

When I first got there I was reading on their bulletin board they are having a "Fun 5K" on April 8th -- the same time as my road race. My first thought was well I should enter this instead, but then walking that course with the hills, I thought maybe not. But then again I might have a chance of finishing in the middle of the pack, beating out all the ladies pushing babies in their strollers.

There is an asphalt path that has walkers/runners going one way and bikers going the other, although walkers and runners were going both ways. The only bikers were kids with training wheels. Still a good course for me to start on. They had mountain bike trails there, but I saw no mountain bikers and wasn't certain where the trails went. I'm going to stick to the asphalt.

It took me 46 minutes to walk the 5K course. My heart rate was 94.

My legs feel good today. No knee pain.

I wanted to swim or lift later, but I was very tired.