Friday, March 02, 2007

5K on the Treadmill!

After missing yesterday's workout, I went to the gym determined to achieve something today. I walked .25 miles, then started running. Instead of running at 6.0 or 5.8, I lowered it down to 5.5. They say you should run at a pace where you can still carry on a conversation. This pace does it for me. I ran 3.1 miles or 5k in a little over 34 minutes.

I added some new songs to my player and that helped keep me going, not knowing what song would be next. Still it was the Stones "Street Fighting Man" that brought me across the line.

Felt good. I now have the frozen vegtables on my knees.

Only bad sign so far is a developing blood blister on the end of the middle toe of my left foot. I will try some padding on it next time. I am not going to run again until Monday and hopefully the legs will feel fine.

Later today I am going to the pool to do some technique drills.

It is pouring rain today. I am wishing for some warm sunny weather so I can get a bike and start to ride.

**

Back from the pool. Did some drills. Only swam 1/4 mile because I had one of the girls with me. I practiced some breathing from the left side and that went pretty well.