Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Lift/1 mile run/1/4 swim

Went to the gym. Did a ten minute warmup on the bike, and then my strength training workout, which is as follows:

2 sets of squats
1 set dumbell incline presses
2 sets leg extensions
1 set lat pulldowns
1 set curl to should press
1 set upright rows
1 set leg curls
2 sets lower back extensions
1 set hip flexor leg lifts
1 set abdominal twists
1 set tricept extensions
1 set lat flys
1 set ab crunches

10-12 reps in each set. Not lifting particularly heavy.


I've been doing pretty much the same exercises at the same weight lately. I need to revitalize this workout.

Then I ran 1 mile in under 10:00.

Started the workout feeling tired. Felt good after.

In the evening I took the girls to the pool and then swam a 1/4 mile afterwards, practicing more of the total immersion style. I am definately seeing an improvement. I really feel like I am gliding, although occasionally my breathing gets off when I try to put my head basically underwater which is what the style calls for.

I may try to swim tomorrow morning before work -- either than or I will do a run.