Sunday, February 25, 2007

Cycling: Working the gears/Swim

Rode the bike some more at work and practiced shifting gears.

It was too cold to ride long and also the bike is way to small for me, I get almost no extension of my legs.

I bought a book the other day for new cyclists.



I was less than thrilled to read about having the boils on your but (caused by riding) lanced or that you should shave your legs because it makes it easier to care for the abrasions you will sustain when you fall. I am not planning on falling, thank you.

**

Swam a half mile after work. I did the first quarter using fist gloves. I found they really helped my stroke during the next quarter mile. I am finding it interesting watching other swimmers. The person in the lane next to me will be faster than me and I'll watch them and think they don't look like they are swimming very fast. When I try to go faster I get tired and it also throws off my breathing. I guess I just have to keep working on technique. Today I was also working on the slashing arm movements where I enter the water closer to my head and drive ahead with the arm. I did notice I did a couple laps with only 15 stokes when i did it that way.

**

Tomorrow I hope to go to the gym after work and run after a short bike.