Thursday, February 22, 2007

Bike/Run

Did ten minutes on the bike at the gym as a warm up to a 20 minute walk/run. I ran 1.5 miles and walked .25.

Before I ran I talked to my friend who owns the gym and he thought my foot pain the other day was due to the dress shoes that pressed against the foot nerve based on where I said it hurt. I also showed him the gel inserts I was putting in and he said those were great provided they didn't throw off my arch.

The run felt good, although I was bored without the walkman, which I forgot at home.

I may do a short swim this evening if I take the girls to the pool again.

I am tempted to try to incorporate into my training a daily short bike/run/swim so that every day I am doing each sport, but at the same time not overtaxing myself. I may start at a minimum 20 minute easy bike, 1/2 mile run, 1/4 mile swim, but hopefully bump it up to a 30 minute easy bike, 1 mile run, 1/2 mile swim on every day but Tuesday when I am at work for 16 hours. For my main focused activity I will shoot for an hour bike, work up to 4 mile run (I'm a long way off) and 1 mile swim.