Monday, February 05, 2007

Bike

Okay, so I didn't work out before, during or after the super bowl, and I ate a lot of junk (nachos, popcorn, pizza, ice cream) and even had one beer -- my first in awhile.

On the radio I heard a football player saying this afternoon that he always did a hard workout on Super Bowl Sunday because he figured it was his chance to gain on his competition because they would all be chowing down, drinking beer and watching the game.

Today I got off late, but I did manage to ride the bike for 40 minutes, most of it while watching 24.

I went to the bike shop the other day and scoped out some bikes. A mountain bike will run me about $400. I still haven't decided between a mountain bike or a hybrid. I'm thinking the mountain bike is the one to get because later if I do want to get a triathlon bike, then I can get one and I'll have two bikes on each end of the spectrum rather than one in the middle, needing to get two more to do what can be done on the ends.

The bike is worrying me because until I can get on a bike again and actually ride on the street, this is all just a hypothetical exercise. The guy at the store says the prices of bikes will go up in March when the new year's models come out so I should probably pull the trigger soon.

The weather is bitterly cold, which sucks for my outside running. I do have a fairly open schedule in the days ahead so I'm hoping to get some workouts in, maybe even a small psuedo triathlon. I may give the tread mill a try again.