Friday, February 02, 2007

2 Miles in the Cold

I rested yesterday, which made two days in a row.

Today I went to the track. Temp 27 degrees. I bundled up and walked 1/2 mile, and then ran two miles straight, and then walked 3/4 of a mile.

I forgot to bring a watch, which I think is good, so I wasn't worried about time. I think I ran a little slower than normal.

For beginner triathlon training, it probably should all be about volume anyway.

I am thankful for my MP3 player. Nothing like crossing the two mile mark, feeling good and then walking my victory laps in the cold as the Rolling Stones "Street Fighting Man" plays.

Or running with Neil Young "Looking for a Leader" on.

"Maybe its Obama, but he thinks he's too young
Or Maybe Colin Powell, to right what he done wrong...

Looking for a leader with the great spirit on his side..."


I love Neil Young when he rocks out.

The knees feel okay. I came back took an ibuprofen and then put ice packs on them for a half hour.

I am using bags of frozen peas as ice packs and they work great. I read that in one of my books. They contour nicely and stay cold with no leaks, and are completely reusable, and eventually edible.