Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Tired Bike

Really tired when I came home, but I still managed 20 minutes on the bike. Better than nothing.

I was reading The Lore of Running last night, and it was very interesting in the discussion of the theroy that walking improves your running, even so much that they suggest you may do better in a marathon (provided you are not an advanced runner) by walking periodically. They suggest the walking helps rejevenuate your legs and holds off failure.

Because of the dark months and my 3 consecutive 12-plus hour work days schedule I am not getting as many running days as I have wanted. I decided I would only run on the track. I think maybe I can go back to the treadmill if I do the alternate run/walk at a greater interval than I have been doing on the track, aiming each time to total 3 miles.

I need to be running at least 3 days a week.