Thursday, January 25, 2007

Swim Technique

Swam today for twenty minutes working on technique. The book Total Immersion says triathletes should swim easy, and that triathletes who try to win the swim phase are losers because they will wear themselves out and that the races are always won by the best runners and bikers, not the swimmers.

Last night I was at the pool with one of the girls and I had her, a six-year old videotape me doing four laps. Unfortunately they were end to end laps(filmed longways) and the camera wasn't too focused or telescoped. It looked like I had a smooth easy stroke, that maybe my head may be too far out of the water. I don't swim looking at the bottom, but more straightahead, and my lags seemed to wander a bit. I will try to videotape again.

I worked on lots of stuff today, My stroke count when I work at it is about 16. It was twenty when I swam with fists. When I concentrate on it, I get a good glide going. I think I am too weak with my left arm as compared to the right. I definately need to work on stronger longer pulls.

I do feel great after swimming.

Tomorrow is going to be bitterly cold so I guess that limits my outside running. I could probably use a weight traigning and bike session at the gymn. Maybe get in another swim.