Sunday, December 03, 2006

Listen

Okay, I know what you are thinking. No posts for nine days.

Listen. That's what I am doing. Listening to my body. I'm letting my knees recover. Last week I went to the gym, did my strength training and ran a half mile. My knees hurt for maybe a day after. I'm hoping the next time I run -- I'll just do a mile, that they don't hurt at all.

Also, I went and bought a pair of new running shoes, especially fitted. Size 14's with support for someone who pronates, according to the guy at the store. i went to this old hole in the wall place. The guy getting fitted next to me said he has been going there for twenty years. I found out he has run hundreds of triathlons and we talked a little about that. He recommended I get a mountain bike or at least a hybrid if I am only going to get one bike.

I'm still hoping to be able to run in the January 5K in east Hartford.