Monday, December 04, 2006

Back on the Mill Mile

I went to bed early last night so I woke up at 4 and decided to hit the gym before work. I went to a new gym in the town where I work on Sunday through Tuesday.

I started off on the treadmill, walked for five minutes than ran a ten minute mile, and then walked for a couple minutes. The knees felt great. Let's hope it lasts through the day.

Then I did some weightlifting, and almost passed out at one point. I don't normally lift after running.

It was good to be at a place with new machines. I think I will try to lift there once a week stictly on machines I haven't used or don't use at my other gym.

I am wondering about my running pace. 6.0 on a treadmill is a ten minute mile. Is it too fast for a beginner?

I'm hoping to run again on Wednesday. I will probably try a mile and a half. If I can run pain free up to two miles, then I can get on the 10% increase every week up to three miles with the goal of hitting the three miles on the race day on January 7. I sure hope my knees hold out and it is a nice day and not too cold.

I almost puked driving to work.

I'll leave it with that thought.