Friday, December 29, 2006

1/4 mile -- Pain Free

Went to the track today with the intention of walk running 3 miles, but it was very cold and I had my girlfriend's six year old with me, who was going to write down my times as I went past, so I ended up just doing a mile because she was freezing despite all the layers of clothes. I only ran 1/4 mile. I did it in 2:10 without even trying to go fast. It took me 12:20 to walk/run the mile. The best part was my knees feel great like I didn't even run at all. I know 1/4 of a mile is nothing, but being pain-free is great. I'll do 1/2 mile next.

Later we went swimming, and again having the girls with me, my only lap time was after our instruction/fun-time was over. I did a 1/4 mile -- no sweat.

I have joined the pool fill-time now so I expect to be swimming much more.