Friday, December 08, 2006

1 Mile Swim

Went to the pool. Swam 36 down and back laps for a total of

1 MILE

Heart rate was 120 at the end. It took me 40 minutes.

I swim mostly with my arms. It seems like i don't kick too much.

I think I could probably swim two miles. Its just a matter of moving your arms, lulling yourself.

I am going to buy a book on swimming and maybe get a lesson.

That's what everyone reccomends. Plus what little I read in my triathlon book was good advice.

1)Roll when you breathe (Turn your body) and swim downhill (it helps bring your legs up.

Both really helped.

When I was done, I lifted myself rather violently out of the pool. You know arms on the deck and driving myself up.

Both my calves immediately cramped. I was in serious pain. I had to quickly turn over and stretcheh my legs out. The cramps went away but for the rest of the day I fet a little tight knot in my left calf.

So much for not using my legs.